A global pioneer in the development of new drugs
SK Biopharmaceuticals is fortifying ESG management to maximize corporate value.
We have established the ESG/Strategic Committee within the Board of Directors and set a goal of discussing at least 3 ESG-related
agendas for each year to rapidly and actively respond to risks and pursue opportunities associated with ESG.
Also, we have operated the ESG Secretariat, which reports directly to the CEO.
Safety·Health·Environment (SHE) Policy
Recognizing that Safety, Health and Environment are the basic factors for securing competitiveness in differentiated research activities,
we strive to continuously improve Safety, Health and Environment outcomes based on our strong execution power through SUPEX.
Under the leadership of CEO and the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), who is appointed as the responsible person for safety and health management, the headquarters establishes and executes safety and health plans.
Furthermore, a dedicated department responsible for SHE management is designated and operated to facilitate the practical implementation of SHE management by SHE professionals.
SHE (Safety, Health, Environment) operates a system, ensuring sound management of drug development
and Safety, Health, Environment.
- Establish waste control process
- Establishment of Zero Waste to Landfill (ZWTL) Goal
- Operate systematically by using RFID tags
- Manage warehouse for waste storage
- Establish management for chemical materials and MSDS
- Conduct regular training of management process
- Build a system for the evaluation of environmental hazards of APIs
Safety Management for All Employees
- Conduct Annual Hazard and Operability Study
- Quarterly Operation of the Industrial Safety and Health Committee
- Monthly Operation of the Cooperative Partner Safety and Health Consultative Body
- Conduct Annual Emergency Response Training
This declaration is based on the '2040 Net Zero Roadmap,' which was formulated adopting the RCP-2.6 scenario used in the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report. The Roadmap has been supplemented with socio-economic elements using the SSP1-2.6(Shared Socioeconomic Pathways) scenario, as featured in the IPCC Sixth Assessment Report published in May 2022.
Through this, SK Biopharmaceuticals commits to actively participating in achieving low-emission scenarios, limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius, and planning and implementing practical mitigation measures.
|Company Name||Initiative Project Title||Reduction Amount||Performance Period|
|SK Biopharmaceuticals||RE100 (Green Premium Tariff)||447||2021.07 ~ 2021.12|
|SK Biopharmaceuticals||RE100 (Green Premium Tariff)||436||2022.03 ~ 2022.12|
|SK Biopharmaceuticals||RE100 (Green Premium Tariff)||575||2023.01 ~ 2023.12|
We strive not only for the well-being of our customers' health but also to contribute to a future society where everyone can live together in good health. We prioritize a sense of purpose that extends beyond the mere legal management of hazardous substances emitted outside our facilities.
We are committed to fulfilling our social role and, in addition to complying with relevant laws, we operate with the aim of minimizing the environmental impact on the local community.
To achieve this, we have established short-term and long-term reduction goals for the proper management of hazardous substances, moving beyond legal compliance to further minimize their impact on the environment in the community.
1) Short-Term Reduction Goal(~2025)
|Core Objective||Performance in 2022||Plans for 2023|
· A 1% annual reduction in hazardous
substance emissions by 2025
· In 2022, the generated waste amount was approximately
41.8 tons, achieving a reduction of around 10% compared
to the target of 46.3 tons
· Setting a target of 41.4 tons for waste
generation in 2023, aiming for a
reduction of approximately 1%
compared to 2022
2) Long-Term Reduction Goal(~2035) : Reduction rate of hazardous substance emissions intensity compared to the previous year
|Waste Disposal Amount||%||-41||-50||-58||-71|
※ Intensity (kg/one billion won) =Hazardous substance emissions (kg) / Revenue from products and other sources(one billion won)
Under the leadership of the Safety and Health team, we hold industry safety and health committee meetings at least once every quarter to actively solicit and manage members' opinions on safety and health matters. Furthermore, we have established an employee and partner company occupational management system to achieve our three-year long-term goals for advancing safety and health management excellence, in alignment with enhancing safety and health management practices.
|Classification||Phase1 (2023)||Phase2 (2024)||Phase3 (2025)|
|Goals for Advancing
· Enhancement of Compliance System
for the Act on Punishment of Major
· Establishment of a Supplier
Registration Evaluation System
· Enhancing the Participation
Environment for Member Safety and
· Establishment of Supplier Selection and
· Continual Improvement of
Member-Driven Safety and Health
· Enhancement of SHE Management
System for Partner Companies
|Goals for Advancing
· Foundation Survey for Health
Management System Implementation
· Confined Space Health Program
· Establishment of Health Management
System Implementation Strategies
· Enhancement of Confined Space
· Implementation of Health Management
System Policy and Programs
· Evaluation of Confined Space Health
Safety, Health, and Environmental Management Certification Status
|Classification||Certification Scope||Registration Date||Certification Agency|
(Safety & Health Management System)
Headquarters : Development of
(Completed 100% : 1 out of 1 site)
(Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance)
(Environment Management System)
(Korean Foundation for Quality)
Compliance Audit Status for SHE Management
|Classification||Audit Cycle||Audit Leading Department|
|Initial Stage 1+2||Initial One-time||External Audit Agency (LRQA, KFQ)|
|Internal Audit||Once a year||SHE Team|
|Surveillance||Once a year||External Audit Agency (LRQA, KFQ)|
|Re-Certification||Once every 3 years||External Audit Agency (LRQA, KFQ)|
Safety&Health and Environmental Management Certification
- ISO 45001(Safety & Health Management System)
- ISO 14001 (Environment Management System)